maanantai 22. heinäkuuta 2013

There and back again (a weekend with 100 miles of cycling)

Last weekend was a physically hard one. Me and two three of my classmates went to Maria and her family's cottage which is in Ypäjä, 75 km:s (about 46 miles) from Turku and me and other two of us cycled there. The only boy in our group came with his motorcycle (I don't know if it really is a motorcycle in English but that translation is close enough for me). I didn't take many photos because I didn't have the camera on hand and we stopped only five times.

Halfway to Ypäjä and maybe the third stop... (And the one in the front is Maria)

The road we took was long and it had too many big hills and straight parts in my opinion but it was the shortest road. We left at 11 am. The weather was beautiful. I had a big bag of food in the back of my bike and I had so much food that I couldn't eat it all...


We arrived in the cottage at 5:20 pm, shortly after this photo was taken.. We were exhausted but we got some food after we got inside and then everything was better after the long hours spent in the saddle.


We played cards, ate too much and watched a movie (Snow White And The Huntsman) which wasn't bad but it wasn't very good, either.
I woke up at 10 am. We ate breakfast and chatted in the living room until half past twelve. We packed our things and left, again with cycles. Only me and Maria cycled the whole way back to Turku. It took longer than the other way.
Halfway to home...

When there was only about 20 km:s to Turku (about 12 miles) I spotted a raspberry bushel. It was a huge one and we picked raspberries for at least ten minutes.


The weather and the company were nice so it was a nice trip though a long and hard one. :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti